CIC is the major national service organization for all small and mid-sized, independent, liberal arts colleges and universities in the U.S. CIC focuses on providing services to campus leaders through seminars, workshops, and programs that assist institutions in improving educational offerings, administrative and financial performance, and institutional visibility.
CIC's goal is to advance independent higher education and its leadership through:
- Serving independent colleges and universities;
- Connecting the leaders of private liberal arts colleges and universities;
- Promoting high-quality education;
- Making the Case for independent higher education;
- Fostering institutional effectiveness;
- Forming collaborations to create and strengthen programs;
- Supporting independent colleges through State Fund Members;
- Listening to institutional leaders.
Read CIC's statement of mission.